Monday, February 28, 2011

YEAR: ___

My friend Kelly made a birthday shirt for her son's first birthday. It was so cool I thought it was a project I would like to try to tackle.
materials: a plain t-shirt, wonder under (or heat n' seal), material, thread, iron, sewing machine
  • step one: prewash material and t-shirt
  • step 2: apply wonder under to the back side of your material
  • step 3: cut out your pattern/design
  • step 4: iron your design onto the t-shirt (be sure to take the paper backing off the material first)
  • step 5: stitch the perimeter of the design
  • step 6: ready to wear
YEAR: one. A shirt for my nephew.
YEAR: one. A shirt for my son. To go along with his monster birthday theme.
I went through my husband's closet and snipped off the extra buttons on a few of his dress shirts to use as the monster eyes.

My birthday boy sporting his YEAR: one shirt. My little monster in his monster YEAR: one shirt in front of his monster cake! You're never too old for a birthday shirt. YEAR: forty. A shirt for my brother.

No comments: