Monday, February 28, 2011

Monster Flags

Monster Flags
I decided the night before Emilio's birthday party to go ahead and make monster flags. I had all the material to make them, just not a whole lot of time. Since time was an issue I kept it simple. Only using white, black and red colored features in order to cut down on my sewing and thread changing. Also I didn't put too much detail, eyes and mouths only. I'm kind of glad I didn't have a lot of time. There's a lot to be said for simplicity! And some how the size and amount of flags I made fit perfectly onto the binding (3 yards). I got lucky without doing any measuring this time! The flags and features are both made from eco-friendly felt (felt made from recycled plastics) and sewn onto a 3 yard strip of double wide binding.
We hung the monster flags above the taco buffet. I'm really glad I ended up making the flags. When Rojelio went to get balloons for the party the store was closed. Not closed for the day, but completely closed, as in no longer in operation. We didn't have time to trek around the city to get balloons, so the flags were our only (non-edible) decoration. So hooray for monster flags!

No comments: